Chinese OEM supports Aury Africa with second major visit

6 February 2019: The parent company of Aury Africa, Dadi Engineering Development Group (DEDG), holds the African market in such high regard that senior management will pay a second visit to South Africa from 13 to 22 February.

The aim of the visit is to engage with potential customers in the mining industry, which has a need for high-quality screening and vibrating equipment solutions, supported by rapid turnaround around times and expert technical capabilities. This is what continues to differentiate Aury Africa on the continent.

DEDG Vice-President Xiaoming Yuan plans high-level meetings with African mining operations to showcase its industry-leading dry-sorting technology. This highly successful ‘green’ innovation does not consume water and media, thereby offering significant value in terms of water conservation.

DEDG holds a 49% stake in Aury Africa, with the remaining 51% held by black-owned local services company Nkomose Consulting Engineers & Projects, which has ensured that Aury Africa is now a Level 2 B-BBEE contributor. DEDG has designed more than 30 open-cut and underground coal-mine projects to date, as well as more than 130 coal preparation plants, and three coal-water slurry plants. It has also completed over 100 turnkey coal process plants to date.

Coal-processing equipment supplied by Aury Africa in particular ranges from vibrating banana screens to horizontal screens, high-frequency screens, and dewatering centrifuges, in addition to complete centralised control systems.

Yuan, who paid a visit to South Africa a year ago, reiterates that it is DEDG’s intention to have Aury Africa achieve the same level of success as sister companies Aury Tianjin in China and Aury Australia, which have become leaders in their respective markets.

“We hold the minerals-processing industry in Africa in high regard, as it forms an integral part of our Group’s global expansion strategy,” Yuan explains. Key to this strategy is Aury Africa introducing the latest technology to the mining industry on the continent, such as intelligent dry sorting systems and ‘smart’ plants, in order to improve operational efficiency and environmental awareness.

DEDG’s ‘smart’ plant concept utilises automated control and sensor technology to monitor key parameters to boost operational efficiency on a proactive, real-time basis. These range from pump pressure to conveyor-belt speeds. All software and hardware in this regard is proprietary, and has been developed specifically by DEDG for the mining industry.

The first ‘smart’ plant system was recently commissioned as a retrofit on a 30 mtpa coal-handling process plant in China, proving the technology’s suitability for refurbishment, which is a key criterion in the African mining industry.

“It is always a great honour to host DEDG senior management in South Africa. We are confident that Aury Africa is well on its way to becoming a solutions provider for vibrating and screening solutions for the continent, largely due to the international support and expertise we are able to tap into,” Aury Africa Managing Director Sydney Parkhouse concludes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *